Friday 2 December 2011

Gruffalo themed party

Baby puddle duck is having a third birthday party and we're theming it on Julia Donaldson's Gruffalo story. 

The main attraction will be the Gruffalo himself. I followed the Jane Asher example for Comic Relief but omitted the red nose and made him a traditional Gruffalo. 



I think he looks mighty fine if I do say so myself. This is the most advanced cake I have ever attempted so really I think I did OK. 

Only thing I would have changed would be to use more green icing for the base. I rolled it out too thin and struggled to roll it out big enough to cover the cake board. 

The cupcakes were also Gruffalo themed and I did one for each character in the book; the mouse, the fox, the owl and the snake. 


1 comment:

  1. This Gruffalo themed party cake is nice. It was quite nice attempt. Well done dear. My son’s 6th birthday is approaching soon and at the local outdoor venues in San Francisco we will host golf themed bash so I am also going to try a new cake design. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete